Guidance for members on playing tennis at NB&TC during lockdown restrictions.
The tennis courts will open again with some restrictions from 10am on Saturday, 16th May 2020.
Read on for guidance on the new court booking system, procedures on arrival, facilities, links to government and LTA guidance and playing tennis at Norbreck Bowling and Tennis Club.
Court Booking System
An online court booking system will apply and court bookings are only open to members who have renewed their full club membership for this year.
Full members will receive login details directly by email. If you are a full member and you have not received information on how to book please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures on Arrival
Please use the Delphene Avenue car park and entrance gate.
This is important as a one-way pedestrian management system has been put in place, allowing tennis players to access the courts from Delphene Avenue, whilst the bowls players will access the bowling green using the Clovelly Avenue car park and entrance.
The area leading down to the tennis court gates and the terrace adjacent to the main court has been marked out with 2m line markings to help in maintaining a social distance.
New combination padlocks have been put on the tennis court gates. You will be provided with the access code.
Please note that the main club building and the tennis clubhouse will remain closed during lockdown restrictions. Therefore, there are no toilet or washroom facilities available.
A first aid kit has been placed on the veranda of the tennis clubhouse.
No visitors are allowed and general spectating is not allowed unless attendance of a parent/guardian (non-participant) or a carer for a disabled player is required. Parent/Guardian/Carer spectating should be limited to one per player where possible, with social distancing strictly observed while watching the sessions.
Benches and seating areas have been taped-off and are out of bounds.
Government and LTA guidance on staying safe
All activity should be consistent with the government guidance regarding health, travel, social distancing and hygiene at all times.
Vulnerable persons are advised to stay at home and not to play. Latest government guidance on protecting different groups of people is available here: Staying alert and safe (social distancing)
LTA guidance posters have been displayed at regular intervals around the courts setting. Full LTA guidance can be accessed here.
In booking a court, members must accept that they will adhere to Government and LTA guidance on staying safe and do so entirely at their own risk and in the knowledge and understanding that the Club accepts no liability or responsibility for such activity.
- Singles play only is permitted – doubles may only be played if all four players are from the same household.
- Members to use their own equipment and each individual player to be asked to bring their own set of tennis balls duly marked with their initials, unless players are from same household.
- Players should not use their hands to pick up any of the other player’s tennis balls and when serving players should only use their own tennis balls. If tennis balls cross over onto the adjacent court, players to retrieve their own tennis balls when play stops while maintaining a social distance or the balls can be given back by the other players who should avoiding touching those tennis balls with their hands.
- If required, Mantis Tour (premium quality) tennis balls can be purchased from Chris Whalley at a cost of £5 per tin of 4 balls. (Advance notice required please to make arrangements).
- The green benches have been removed from both courts. The tennis nets have been set at the regulation height and the net winders removed. These measures have been taken for hygiene and safety reasons.
- Members are requested to bring their own hand sanitiser (which is effective against COVID-19, i.e. with an alcohol content of 60% or higher) as stated in the LTA guidelines and to use after touching surfaces such as Club gate, court gate, court locks, net posts. In case players do not have any hand sanitiser/forget to bring sanitiser with them, a hand sanitiser gel bottle has been placed just inside each tennis court.
- Members should use hand sanitisers before and after play and to disinfect the lock and gate handle area on leaving the court after play.
Committee members will monitor compliance & any deviation from the rules will be reviewed with the individuals concerned.
PLEASE STAY ALERT AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES – THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION!