Guidance for members on playing crown green bowls at NB&TC during lockdown restrictions.
The bowling green will open again with some restrictions from 10am on Monday, 18th May 2020 for exercise and practice.
Read on for guidance on the new booking system, procedures on arrival, facilities, links to government guidance and playing crown green bowls at Norbreck Bowling and Tennis Club.
Booking the Green
A new booking procedure is now in place and the green is only available to members who have renewed their full club membership for this year.
Full members will receive login details directly by email. If you are a full member and you have not received information on how to book please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
A Club Schedule of Attendance, names, dates & times will be in operation to ensure limited attendance is maintained.
- Playing is limited to 1 Group on the green at a time with a single Jack.
- 1 Group is either one person partaking alone, a group of people from the same household or two people maximum from different households maintaining social distancing of 2 metres at all times.
- Slots are for 1 hour and are limited to 2 per person each week and can only be booked week to week and not any further in advance.
Procedures on arrival and departure
Bowlers to use Clovelly Avenue car park and enter through the gate adjacent to the west end of the car park and exit through the gate adjacent to the bowling garage.
Do not turn up at the green without prior appointment via booking.
Players must leave the premises immediately and following the one way system once their session has finished.
No spectating allowed.
Please note that the main club building and the tennis clubhouse will remain closed during lockdown restrictions. Therefore, there are no toilet or washroom facilities available.
A first aid kit has been placed on the veranda of the tennis clubhouse.
No visitors are allowed and general spectating is not allowed.
Benches and seating areas have been taped-off and are out of bounds.
All activity should be consistent with the government guidance regarding health, travel, social distancing and hygiene at all times.
Vulnerable persons are advised to stay at home and not to play. Latest government guidance on protecting different groups of people is available here: Staying alert and safe (social distancing)
Playing Crown Green Bowls at NB&TC
- Only use your own equipment brought from home at all times (jacks, mats, bowls etc.).
- Members to bring their own hand sanitiser (which is effective against COVID-19) and to use after touching hard surfaces such as Club gate etc. Follow strong hygiene practices at every opportunity – wash your hands when you get home.
- Sterilise equipment before and after use.
Copies of the guidance will be posted in prominent positions around the club premises including the details of the one way entry and exit system for bowling section members.
Committee members will monitor compliance & any deviation from the rules will be reviewed with the individuals concerned.
PLEASE STAY ALERT AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES – THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION!