Norbreck Bowling Green is now open for the 2018 Season. Find out more about how to join us here…
We offer a very active programme with many teams competing in the various men’s and ladies leagues. See below for more details.
*Dates for Your Diary*
Please note the Green will not be available on the following dates and times in March 2018 and September 2018:
- Monday 26th March: 9.30am – 5pm
- Tuesday 27th March: 9.30am – 5pm
- Wednesday 28th March: 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Thursday 29th March: 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Monday 24th September: 9.30am – 5pm
- Tuesday 25th September: 9.30am – 5pm
- Wednesday 26th September: 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Thursday 27th September: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Give Bowls a Go! New players welcome.
If you haven’t bowled before but would like to give it a go, come along! If you have bowled before and would like to pick it back up or join a team, join us. Bowling at the Norbreck Club is social and great exercise with some healthy competition thrown in.
Interested? Simply contact us via any of the details on this website and one of our officials or captains we be in touch. Alternatively join in with the Friday Scramble (see below).
Friday Scramble is back!
Starts Friday 23rd March 2018 and every Friday throughout the season. Register by 1.15pm. Session starts 1.30pm. Everyone welcome including beginners. Just come down to the club with partners, friends or on your own and have a go! There’s lots of here and we’re a friendly bunch so give it try.
Ladies Bowling Session – Tuesdays
Starts Tuesday 20th March 2018 and every Tuesday throughout the season (see dates above for exceptions). Please register by 10am. Session starts at 10.15am.
Everyone welcome including beginners. We have a relaxed atmosphere and a good laugh. Just come along to the club green and join in.
Norbreck Bowls Leagues and Competitions
- Tuesday evening: Blackpool & Wyre League (2 Teams)
- Wednesday afternoon: Fylde Ladies League (2 Teams)
- Thursday afternoon: Fylde Ladies League
Ladies Captains for 2017 Season
- Afternoon 1st -- Carol Johnson
- Afternoon 2nd -- Gladys Shannon
- Afternoon 3rd -- Ann Sanderson
- Night 1st -- Susan Done
- Night 2nd -- Michelle Purnell
- Monday afternoon: Welcome League (2 Teams)
- Tuesday afternoon: Fylde Vets (2 Teams)
- Wednesday evening: FABA League
- Friday evening: Thornton Cleveleys League
Mens Captains for 2017 Season
- Welcome 1st — Alan Butler
- Welcome 2nd — Richard Purnell
- Vets 1st — Alan Lawton
- Vets 2nd — Richard Purnell
- FABA 1st — Bob Entwistle
- Thornton 1st — Dave Rogerson
- Jubilee League — Dominic McVittie
- Saturday evening: Jubilee League (Men & Women)
- Bass Mixed Doubles – Sunday April 23rd
- Chris Newton Singles – Sunday May 14th
- Thwaites Pairs – Sunday May 28th
- Howe & Brine Scamble – Sunday June 25th
- Webb & Ladies Merit – Sunday July 9th
- Presidents Trophy – Sunday July 23rd
- Millennium Pairs – Sunday August 6th
- Rex & Carol Scramble – Sunday August 27th
- Vets Singles – Sunday September 10th
- B.Dick / Billington Scramble – Sunday October 1st
Winter BowlingIndoor bowling takes place on Wednesday afternoons in the main club house function room, during the Winter months. Everyone is welcome to join in.
Club Officials and Captains
Chairman — Alan Butler
Secretary — Sue Done
Treasurer — Nicky Johnson
Ladies Chairlady — Carol Johnson
Ladies Secretary — Yvonne Butler
Visiting parties from other clubs please contact The Chairman or Secretary for further details.