Following the recent Government announcement regarding the re-opening of businesses within the hospitality sector, we are pleased to announce that the club house will be re-opening from Saturday 4th July.
What we are doing to protect you
In no way do any of us expect these next weeks and months to be the same as they were before the COVID-19 pandemic began. And now with the green light for us to re-open we need to be certain that we all continue to adhere to social distancing and hygiene measures, putting the safety of our staff and members first at all times.
We shall be re-opening the club house with limited hours (detailed below) and in accordance with the safety measures and operating procedures also set out below.
AND at all times we expect members to respect the safety measures and advised 2 metre social distancing when inside the club house. Failure to do so will result in members being refused any further use of the premises and asked to leave the club premises.
Visiting the Club from Saturday 4th July
The Executive Committee has prepared an operational plan based on the following guiding principles:
- Staying Safe – A social distancing plan and risk assessments have been conducted and the actions set out below will be implemented.
- Keeping Clean – Thorough cleaning schedules, anti-viral agents and sanitising stations to be used to disinfect and reduce risk of cross contamination.
- Staying Alert – We require members to stay alert to social distancing measures and the 1m plus rule, staying 2m apart inside the club house. Members may wish to adopt further measures to mitigate transmission, such as wearing a face mask, in line with government guidance.
We will open from 12pm on Saturday 4th July and our initial limited opening hours will be:
- Mon: 8pm – 11pm
- Wed: 8pm – 11pm
- Fri: 5pm – 11pm
- Sat: 12pm – 11pm
- Sun: 4pm – 11pm
PLEASE NOTE: These hours will be monitored over the coming weeks and may be reduced or extended as necessary in accordance with demand. The club house will not be open outside these times.
1. Your Current Health
First and foremost, if you or a member of your household feel unwell or have any of the publicised symptoms of COVID-19 please stay away from the club.
2. Entering Club House and Using the Club Bar
We are operating the preferable ‘2 metre’ Social Distancing Plan inside the club as much as possible, taking risk mitigation seriously.
- Therefore a one-way system will be used to enter and exit the premises. You must use the hand sanitiser station on entry inside the club and the direction of flow will be through the right hand door into the snooker room, then on towards the separately designated areas of the bar.
- Please approach the bar and sign in on the register* placed on adjacent table to the ordering point.
- From there you can order drinks and pay via the Contactless card payment facility available. Staff will be protected by a Perspex screen and will not handle any cards.
- Our staff have been provided with face masks, protective gloves and hand sanitiser. Face masks will be worn when preparing drinks.
- You will then move along to pick up your drinks from the separate designated area of the bar. Please wait 2m from bar until staff deposit drinks on bar, the staff will then move away for you to pick up your drinks.
- Empty glasses are to be left on your table – they will be picked up and returned to a cleaning area by staff.
- To re-order drinks at the bar or to exit the club, members will use the one-way system through the main function room door and back in through the snooker room.
- Please also note the TV/Darts room will not be available for use.
*Also see Point 8. Track and Trace.
3. Sitting at Your Table
We will be limiting our capacity to the table space available within the club with 2m distancing between each in place. Therefore there will be no standing room or drinking at the bar.
Sitting ‘face to face’ is currently prohibited by the Government, so we have arranged the furniture to remove the option of sitting face to face. The chairs will be arranged for you to sit side by side only.
Even if you visit the club with a member from your own household, please do not re-arrange any furniture as all tables and seats have been carefully placed at measured distances and in accordance with the above measures.
4. Using the Toilets
Due to the size of the toilets we will limit the number of people in the toilets to 1 person at a time.
The Gents toilet in the snooker room will be closed and male members should follow the one-way system to the disabled toilet in the main function room.
When not in use, the main doors to the toilets are to be left open to signify they are available. When using the toilet, please close the main door to signify there is a toilet in use and open again when exiting.
5. Using the Snooker and Pool Table
All players must maintain 2 metre distance from each and wear face masks during the game.
Players must use their own cues.
Rests and balls should be cleaned before and after use using the equipment cleaning station which will positioned by the tables and will be equipped with anti-viral sprays and paper roll.
6. Signage and Sanitiser Stations
Appropriate distancing signage is on display alongside banners, lane queuing, floor symbols and posters to inform and remind members about the safety distance measures in place.
Hand sanitiser will be readily available around the club and we encourage regular hand washing.
7. Cleaning Plan
We have developed a thorough cleaning plan, extra cleaning and anti-viral agents will be used regularly at identified touch points e.g. door handles etc.
8. Track and Trace
Due to Government requirements on contact tracing everyone will be required to leave their full name and the last 3 letters of their postcode. This is in the event the authorities request the information. We can then trace every member address through the membership database. This is a condition of re-opening that we MUST comply with.
PLEASE STAY ALERT AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES –
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION!
Thanks for your support and co-operation during this time.
It’s new territory for all of us and we’re trying our best to open the club as safely as possible with the guidance that’s been provided and of course all using our own common sense.
If you have any questions at all please email us on email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.